Please sign in to post.

San Marino

Look. I know that things are “in flux”, but, we will be in Italy in early March of 2022. Can we drive from Italy to San Marino, stay for two days, and drive to Rome without having to take a COVID test? Thanks. I’ve tried to read the regs but they are indecipherable, for me anyway. Thanks. Jim

Posted by
763 posts

San Marino has a Consulate at the UN. Might be worth a phone call. Or, check with your hotel; they will know. San Marino is sort of Schengen by default, as there's no way to enter except through Italy. If you'll need one to enter Italy at that time, bring it along, but I wouldn't worry about it. Since there's no passport control between Italy and San Marino, I doubt they'd be someone there looking for your COVID test.

Posted by
501 posts

At the moment San Marino and Vatican are two countries where there are no controls entering and exiting. The only requirement is the Green Pass. No Covid test or PLF is required.

Posted by
32 posts

Thanks for the responses. We will be in Portugal for two weeks before we fly to Rome, so we will need a Negative COVID test to get into Italy. So, the way I am reading the responses, and what I have read other places, is that if we can fly to Rome, we are good.

Thanks again.

Jim

Posted by
401 posts

Keep an eye on the news regarding entry requirements to the countries you're planning to visit. Various countries are already starting to drop testing requirements for fully-vaccinated (or boosted) tourists. You'll know better when you get to late February. When I visited San Marino this summer, their tourism website said a vaccine card was required to enter but no one checked anything when the bus arrived from Rimini. Obviously different from a testing question, but just to show their approach over the summer to the "rules".

Posted by
15165 posts

How would they check? I know a lot of roads to enter San Marino. Are they going to put their gendarmes at all the entries? They wouldn’t have enough gendarmes to cover half of them.