Please sign in to post.

Salerno to Positano October 2, 2015

Are the ferry lines open this time of year or are they already on their winter schedule?
The TI will be closed 30 minutes before we arrive by train from Rome. Is there another place to purchase ferry or bus tickets in the train station? I use to purchase ferry tickets in a newsstand halfway to the dock. However, that was about 10 years ago and now the bus leaves from the train station so not sure where to purchase bus tickets.

Posted by
1949 posts

Here is the SITA bus schedule from Salerno to the Amalfi Coast (from this spring), including Positano:

http://www.theamalficoast.net/orari_sita_bus_timetables.html

On our trip to Salerno last March, we caught the bus at its first stop after it left the Salerno Centrale station, on Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, I believe near the library. You might want to check on that, or just catch it at the station. Anyway, it took 55 minutes with no traffic to Amalfi. Had we wanted to continue on, we would have switched buses there and then another hour to Positano. Dirt cheap, 2,20 Euro one-way to Amalfi, and we bought round-trip tickets at a tabacchi shop nearby on the Corso.

I know you would enjoy beautiful sights on the ferry, but taking the bus (and sitting on the water side) was fantastic, especially passing through the little towns on the way to Amalfi: Cetara, Erchie, Maiori, Minori.

Enjoy!