Please sign in to post.

Salerno to Pompeii

Has anyone ever hired a guide to go from Salerno to Pompeii (with luggage)? Searching for an opportunity to have someone drive us from Salerno, keep our luggage in the car and then drop us off at the train station to go to Naples (or drive to Naples). Any suggestions?

Posted by
4986 posts

We have used Aldo Limos for touring the AC area, and for airport transportation, but they are based in Sorrento. They were very professional with drivers with great command of English. It will be very expensive, however, be prepared .
Safe travels.

Posted by
780 posts

and also, were you looking for just a car, or a guide at Pompeii as well?

Posted by
24 posts

Well, the original plan was to just go to Pompeii by train from Salerno, spend the night in Salerno and then move on to Naples the next day, by train. So now I'm thinking it would be more efficient to just make a stop at Pompeii on the way to Naples, however we would have luggage. That said, I was hoping to find a guide who might take us to Pompeii by car. After the tour, we could proceed by train to Naples or be driven there. Yes, we would like a private guide as I'm not really into the group tours. Thanks!