Please sign in to post.

Ryanair or Air Europa to Madrid from Rome?

Hi, I need to take a late evening flight from Rome to Madrid in June. Both Ryanair and Air Europa offer a flight. Ryanair is cheaper, but I do know there will be added fees. I wanted to know if anyone had an opinion on which airline for this flight. This flight is almost 3 hours long. I did notice that the airlines fly out of different airports in Rome Ryanair is Ciampino and Air Europa is Fuimicino. I did not know if this made a difference or not.
Thank you in advance for any replies!

Posted by
19092 posts

There is a high speed commuter train (Leonardo Express) from Rome Termini to FCO. Ciampino is served only by bus.

Posted by
15582 posts

Just for the convenience of the train from FCO, I'd probably choose Air Europa (which I have no experience with). I flew Ryanair from Bologna to Seville recently and it was fine. It is very clear on their website exactly how much you will pay. The plane was basic but comfortable.

Posted by
673 posts

When I flew Vueling from Rome to Barcelona, it was AWESOME, compared to RyanAir.....and it flew out of FCO, so it was a bit less stress with buses and such to Ciampino....

Posted by
27 posts

Thank you for the replies. I have booked Vueling for my travel within Spain. My concern with Vueling for this trip is that it is not nonstop to Madrid. I would have a layover in Barcelona. I am thinking it may be worth being uncomfortable to fly straight to Madrid.

Posted by
32202 posts

ginger,

I was also going to suggest Vueling. Although many of their flights from Rome to Madrid have a layover in Barcelona, it's often only about 40 minutes so not too hard to tolerate.