Please sign in to post.

RS Sicily Tour Question

Hello, I am considering the RS Sicily tour this September (first organized tour ever for a seasoned traveler) and would like to know what I might expect for free time in the cities/towns visited. Is it few, some, most, or all destinations with planned free time to explore on one's own, and did you find the free time sufficient for exploration? The itinerary is vague as to whether free time might be 30 minutes or 4 hours. Thank you.

Posted by
6464 posts

Hi, pebrever:

The amount of free time varies, depending on the particular stop and what circumstances have popped up on any particular day. But I can make a general statement: There is never enough free time, whether you get 30 minutes or 4 (or more) hours.

The itinerary has changed since we've taken the tour, but I do remember the guides will do their best to give you plenty of free time - I remember lots of free time in Ortygia, for example, but not much in Agrigento. Ideally, the group activities will take up either the morning or the afternoon, with the rest of the time free or flexible. That's a very general statement, though.

Posted by
2622 posts

Enough free time at any particular stop on a Rick Steves tour really depends on the person.
I'd have to say that I usually do have enough time, but I rarely have a strong agenda. I prefer to wander and enjoy the surroundings.