Please sign in to post.

Rome tours

Has anyone had experience with Avventure Bellissime for tours in Rome? We have limited time in Rome and they offer skip the line at the Sistine Chapel.

Posted by
4152 posts

You don't need to be on a tour to bypass the line to see the Sistine Chapel. You can book entry tickets to the Vatican museums directly on the Vatican website. You can also book a tour on the same site. You must go through the Vatican museums to get to the Sistine chapel. Unless you are willing to pay hundreds of euros for an early morning or evening private viewing of the chapel going through the museums is the only way to get there. Once inside the museums you will have to follow everyone one else who is on their way to see the chapel. Most people who visit the museums are only there for that purpose which is a shame since there is so much to see there. I would save the money and book directly at: http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?weblang=en&do Donna

Posted by
38 posts

Thanks for the info. I've been there before and my husband is admittedly less interested in the Vatican museums than the chapel. We're looking for tours of Rome that will capture a few highlights in our all-too-short visit to Rome.
On this trip we want a guide for our visit.

Posted by
7737 posts

Just fyi, in case you didn't know. Be prepared for a less than religious experience in the Sistine Chapel. It's usually absolutely packed with people and due to the acoustics of the space it's VERY VERY LOUD. It's unfortunate, but there you are. Happy travels.

Posted by
11464 posts

Christine, We had a fabulous experience in 2010 with http://www.walksofitaly.com and their Pristine Sistine tour. The format is to enter the Museums at opening and make a beeline for the Sistine Chapel. Instead of being there with hundreds of people, we were there with maybe 35-40. By the time the hoards caught up with us, we were finished, having experienced the chapel more intimarely. And the tour group is only 12 people, so quite personalized versus the big-group tours that cost less but lack the panache. HIGHLY recommend! But you have to be willing to get up early: the meeting time is 7:45AM! Buon viaggio!

Posted by
94 posts

Catherine since you have limited time I would just see the other sites around. Italy is beautiful just by walking down the street. The Sistine Chapel has a lot to offer and takes awhile to see everything.