Please sign in to post.

Rome tours

What is a good tour company in Rome that we can hire for one day that would take four people privately around to see the sights & other unexpected non-tourist sights?
Cheryl

Posted by
65 posts

Cheryl,
My wife and I had a wonderful morning in Rome with Federica D'Orazio (federica.dorazio@gmail.com). She wrote a book called Rome then and now and it shows how the city has changed. She will tweak any itinerary you have. Rick's 2011 book should have names and contact info for a few others. Anyone listed in his books will be good. Have a Great trip and enjoy Roma.

Posted by
7737 posts

The RS books recommend lots of guides. Do you have either the Rome or Italy books for 2011?

Posted by
10 posts

I have RS book from 2008 & they mention a few tours but nothing about private tours.

Posted by
524 posts

Cheryl If you check out previous threads on Rome, you will find several Rome private guide recommendations. IMHO, it would be best to purchase the newest RS guide. I am always surprised by all of the changes from one year to the next. The cost for RS Italy is around $20. The best $20 you will spend for fab up to date info. Usually a private guide for 1 day in Europe is around $700 - $800. Compare that to RS Italy! Have a wonderful time in Rome! Bobbie