Please sign in to post.

Rome to Volterra

My daughter is getting married in Volterra but we are coming from Rome. What train should we take.

Posted by
425 posts

Take a Trenitalia regionale or ES-City train to CECINA, then either: A. Trenitalia regionale train from Cecina to Saline di Volterra, connecting to CPT Pisa bus to Volterra; OR B. CPT Pisa bus from Cecina to Saline di Volterra, connecting to CPT Pisa bus from Saline di Volterra to Volterra. Choose the solution which results in the best connection times. There are fewer buses than trains between Cecina and Saline di Volterra. www.ferroviedellostato.it www.cpt.pisa.it Line 790: http://www.cpt.pisa.it/orari/extra/E790I_FR.pdf Note different bus schedules on Sundays ("Festivo")

Posted by
2 posts

thanks much! Another concern is the hotel's check out is 11am , will they allow us to keep our belongings in the lobby when we checked out since the wedding will be @11am. We are only staying for one night in Volterra for the wedding because our main point of origin is Rome.

Posted by
425 posts

I have yet to hear of a hotel which will not allow registered guests to temporarily store luggage in the lobby area behind the registration desk or in a storage room, either shortly before or shortly after their stay.

Posted by
1976 posts

Hi Maria. Regarding the hotel and your luggage, you never know if they'll hold it until you ask. We've asked hotels in Amsterdam and Trier to hold our luggage for the day, since we were checking out in the morning but wouldn't leave the city until the afternoon or early evening. They were very accommodating. Just make sure there's nothing of value in your bags (cash, jewelry, etc.).