Please sign in to post.

rome to sorrento

We are going to rome for four days before going onto sorrento to spend 14 days what is the best form of transport to take us from rome to sorrento and also on our return journey. What are the train services like are they best and if so which one should we get. we travel on the 31 august until 13th september this year.

Posted by
7209 posts

We took the fast Eurostar from Rome to Naples where we switched to the commuter train Circumvesuviana which will take you all the way to Sorrento.

Is train best for you? I always recommend the train, but if you're going to spend 2 weeks in Sorrento you may want some other form of transportation like an automobile. I think spending 2 weeks in Sorrento is WAY too much...especially if you only alloted 4 days to Rome. You could easily spend a week just in Rome.

Posted by
16 posts

You can take the train from Rome to Naples and then a boat from Naples to Sorrento. The train might be a bit easier, since you leave from the train station and the boat dock is a long walk. However, the boat ride is more scenic. We took the train from naples to Sorrento and used the Circumvesuvio for all of our sight seeing from Sorrento. However, when we needed to get back to Naples, there was a strike. We took the boat and I really enjoyed it!