Please sign in to post.

Rome museums

Should I make an advanced reservation for the the Capitoline museums, Doris Pamphilj museum and/or the Villa Faresina? Thank you for your help.

Posted by
896 posts

I see you're going to Rome in October? I would suggest getting advanced tickets for Doris Pamphilj, but you shouldn't have a problem at Villa F and the Capitoline Museum, unless it's an Italian holiday or perhaps on a Sunday? Having said that, we had a long wait at the Capitoline M over Christmas holidays, but you should be fine in October. (And the ticket booth isn't actually at the museum! So if you do book ahead, best to look where it's located down the stairs and across the street.) Consider adding Palazzo Massimo, across from the Termini train station if you have time, amazing ancient frescos, statues & mosaics with hardly anyone there!

Posted by
110 posts

We visited Doris Pamphilj in November 2024 and did not make reservations, just purchased tickets when we arrived. This is a terrific museum with an audio guide that highlights the most impressive pieces and provides history of the building. Enjoy.

Posted by
6989 posts

I don’t believe any of those would need advance purchased tickets

When is your trip?

Posted by
547 posts

We vistied both Capitoline and Doria Pamhilj in April with no advanced reservations. We waited maybe 15 minutes in line at Capitoline, but it was mid-day. Doria, I don't remember waiting at all.

Posted by
86 posts

Just visited all 3 of these in June. Did not have advanced tix, none were needed, no lines at any of them. Enjoyed them all.