Please sign in to post.

Rome itinerary

Hello fellow travelers. I will be visiting Rome for 4 days with my son 15 along with my sister and brother. We booked the Sistine chapel tour for our last day. Arriving from Belgium at 9:30 a.m. On the 28th of July. Thinking of doing a bike tour, either the night tour or doing the Appian way with a visit of the catacombs. I was wondering if anybody have any experiences with these tours. I have seen pictures of Rome floodlit and it looks beautiful. I have also seen you tubes video of the ancient roads. Thank you for your inputs in advance.

Posted by
1056 posts

I took the bike tour of the Appian Way, catacombs, and Aqueduct Park last spring. The tour also includes a stop at a sheep farm for some wine, bread and cheese. You are given a choice of regular or electric assist bikes (take the electric assist), the groups are small and the guides excellent. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. While I’m sure it’s completely safe to do a night tour, I’d be concerned about safety. That, and you’d probably want to stop to take photos of floodlit sites, which might not be the safest thing to do. On the daylight Appian Way tour there were many opportunities for photo stops.