Please sign in to post.

Rome Hotels

Hi there!
What hotels does everyone stay while in Rome?
Thank you

Posted by
45 posts

Stayed 4 nights here: https://www.crostihotel.it/en/crosti-hotel-rome-city-center/
A sweet little 3 star hotel, simple, clean on a relatively quiet intersection a couple blocks away from too-busy main drags. We walked to lots of sights, and took the metro to the Vatican for our tours. 10 minute walk to main train station. Walked in the evenings to small restaurants; felt safe. Great price.

Posted by
1540 posts

I stay at the more budget hotels near the main train station.
As a solo traveler I have always felt very safe in this area. I even walk around
a bit at night.
Some of my faves are: Contilia, Sonya, Aberdeen
From the this area I have walked to the Colosseum area, and several other places.
There is a metro station inside the train station.

Posted by
4894 posts

Don't know what your budget is, but here is a place you should check out. We have stayed at Hotel Fontanella Borghese many times and have always been pleased. While it is not "luxury", it is very nice and the location is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. You can walk to Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Nuvona, even Vatican city. They also have a sister hotel closer to the Pantheon called Hotel Due Torri. We always send an email directly with our request for a booking and we get an answer back in 24 hours or less. Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard as rooms overlooking the side street can get noisy. The web site is www.fontanellaborghese.com. Check it out and see what you think.

Posted by
23325 posts

Same as Frances -- Sonya, Aberdeen, and Contilla - in that order. All in the Termini area for the convenience of local transit and lots of friendly restaurants. My wife prefers Sonya across from the Opera House because she thinks their lattes are better than Aberdeen - damn small difference, IMO. Contilla is closest to Termini and across the street from a self-laundry and often use Contilla if passing through Rome for one night. Longer I would go somewhere else.

Posted by
5 posts

Hotel Italia!! It is 10 min walk from Termini, and walking distance to Collesium, etc.. small rooms, great b-fast, CLEAN, and just lovely...on a side street, so nice and quiet.

Posted by
3961 posts

Also recommend the Termini area. We have stayed at Residenza Cellini on two occasions. Small, quaint, quiet street, accommodating staff 24 hours a day, large rooms for European standards, immaculate facility, small lift, ample breakfast buffet, delicious coffee drinks made to order, walking distance to main historical sites and a multitude of restaurants. Should be within your price range. In the same area as Aberdeen and Sonya Hotels. www.residenzacellini.it.

Posted by
4105 posts

Beautiful renovated hotel near Termini. Great staff, wonderful terrace. Good transportation access, easy walk to most sites.

http://www.hotelnordnuovaroma.it/en/

Edit: we stayed in the superior room.
Friends stayed in a double. Huge difference in the size.

Posted by
225 posts

If you’re still looking... Senato del Albergo. It is literally next to the Pantheon. One time we were there at the same time as the World Cup. The Piazza was abuzz with activities. Every afternoon the police band came and played for the crowd. We sat in our air conditioned room and watched/listened from the open window. One night they erected a big screen and we all watched the game on the Piazza. Since you’re next to the Pantheon, you can go inside early and you are the only one there. The rooms are lovely. There’s a rooftop terrace for an apertivo. It’s central to EVERYTHING. We stay there whenever we’re in Rome. (I’ll be there again this fall for a week).