Please sign in to post.

Rome hotels

I am traveling with my daughter in early September. The hotels and B&Bs in Rick Steves' Rome guide are not available. I am looking for a place to stay for 5-6 days with a budget of either side of $200 per day. Recommendations will be appreciated.

Posted by
6976 posts

Welcome to the forum!

A good place to start is booking.com
Use the filters to narrow your search

You can book there or find the hotel’s actual website and book directly

There are also many recommended hotels posted here-a search will bring them up

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks. I get a bit cynical about all of the rave reviews on sites like Expedia, Booking, etc., and assume that some of the participants on the Forum can relate their recommendations based on their own experiences.

Posted by
6976 posts

The reviews on booking can only be left by those who have actually stayed at the property so they are at least legit

Posted by
545 posts

Are you sure they are all booked up? I just checked Hotel Lancelot as an example, and it is still showing availability on its own website. I have not stayed there, but it is highly recommended.
We are staying at Hotel Villa San Pio for a second time. We like it as it is a little out of the crowds, and is very close to some wonderful restaurants in Testaccio, but it is a bit farther to walk to some of the main attractions.

Posted by
31 posts

Stayed at Hotel Lancelot in October. Lovely hotel. Friendly staff. Close to the Colosseum.