Please sign in to post.

Rome Hotels

I checked out the Hotel Aberdeen and it looks great; but then I went on Google Earth and Hotel Seiler came up for the same address. Has the name and ownership changed?

Posted by
4152 posts

Not that I know of. Google earth isn't always accurate as people get to add points of interest themselves. Perhaps someone posted the wrong name or address. Have you tried emailing the hotel? Donna

Posted by
3580 posts

Some hotels in Rome don't use the entire building. There may be two or more hotels at the same address.

Posted by
32214 posts

Susan, I can explain that. Hotel Aberdeen is located in a building that used to be a Nobleman's residence or Villa (as I recall). To access the Hotel, guests have to go through a doorway that leads to the inner courtyard. That used to be the entrance for horse and carriages to arrive at the residence. As soon as you pass through the outside access door, you'll see Hotel Seiler on the left and Hotel Aberdeen on the right. As they share the same access door to the street, the address is the same. You can see the large wooden doors in This Photo. Happy travels!