Please sign in to post.

Rome hotels

I am looking for a Rome hotel for a family - 2 adults, 2 children, 1 toddler that isn't 400 e a night. The toddler will sleep with us.

Posted by
76 posts

If you are not set on a hotel, consider an apartment rental. They tend to be less expensive and give more space, along with a fridge for drinks & snacks. Some are essentially large hotel rooms with "extras" and can be rented even for a night or two.
. Take a look at http://www.airbnb.com I have booked through them; airbnb is a U.S. company that holds your money for a day after your arrival to help assure all is well. I know others on this site have had great results with other apartment booking sites.

Posted by
29 posts

Thank you! We usually do book an apartment and are considering those too but I was interested in an apartment for the amenities of a conceirge, breakfast, since it such a short stay.

Posted by
23177 posts

We have used both Aberdeen and Sonya, both three star hotels in the Termini area. Slightly prefer Hotel Sonya across from Opera house. Ask for a family room.

Posted by
34 posts

I would also recommend an apartment. We stayed in one from vrbo #326104 (in summer of 2011) Cappellari B. It had one bedroom downstairs with a sofa bed in the living area and 2 or 3 beds upstairs. We paid 200 euros per night. It was down an alley from Campo de Fiori which in the morning is filled with vendors selling fruit, etc. and in the evening is lined with restaurants. It was in an older building but was very clean. It has a/c and a washer/dryer. Unfortunately the washer was broken when we were there but it should be fixed by now!

Posted by
1021 posts

Take a look at Hotel Forte near the Spanish Steps. It has family rooms, but I don't know the details. It's a good hotel on a quiet street, a bit noisy, but fine for a short stay.

Posted by
254 posts

Hotel Lancelot (a Rick Steves recommended hotel) has a family room. I stayed in December, couldn't have been happier.

Posted by
22 posts

I am also a fan of Hotel Sonya. My daughter and I stayed there this past December for more than 2 weeks and we liked it very much.( We are returning at the end of this year for another stay,.) It is in a great location close to many major sites, had a friendly, helpful staff and when we were there, a really nice breakfast was included, which makes at least one meal easy to do-especially with kids. And it is very reasonable.