Please sign in to post.

Rome Hotels

I need a hotel in Rome near the train station - 3 stars- Aberdeen has no rooms. Please advise your recommendations. Thanks.

Posted by
23296 posts

We actually prefer the Sonya over Aberdeen. Closer to Termini, across from the Opera House and wife thinks their lattes are better. We have also used Contilla. Just one block south of the side entrance of Termini. Breakfast is OK but rest is fine. We often use when we have a quick one or two night stay in Rome.

Posted by
515 posts

Hotel Canada is a highly 2 star rated hotel. It is about 500 meters from thr Termini across from the opera house. Is it close to the castro pretrio and some rooms have views over the rooftops.

Posted by
2207 posts

According to booking.com, there are 376 hotels in the general area of the Rome Stazione Termini. So you have plenty of options. Star ratings for hotels in Italy are different than the US. In Italy, it relates to the services the hotel provides - like a restaurant, room-service, parking, concierge, etc. - and NOT the quality or standards of the accommodation. You might look at this link, The Best Hotels and B&B's near Roma Termini. It's a compilation of the best-rated hotels and B&B's in the Roma Termini area by travelers using the Booking and Venere websites. Only people who have actually stayed at the hotels are allowed to rate the hotels - so no "stuffing of the ballot box" here. I'd look at the top 20+ for each agency, or you can sort by price through the link at the bottom of the article. Regardless of your method of search, I would certainly read the numeous comments you'll find. I primarily use both these groups when I book and so far we've had great success in the quality, service, cleanliness, and location of our hotels. They match or beat the hotel website prices and often I'll find deals below the hotel web page (Like the Relais Trevi 41 for €109 as opposed to their website at €160+ last February). But it does pay to do your research, The time you spend now will pay off once you reach Rome - in money and peace-of-mind. Good Luck!

Posted by
1018 posts

For the last two years we have stayed at a b&b called Armonio All' Opera located across the street from the Roma Opera House on Via Viminale. It is relatively new, about a 10 minute walk from Stazione Termini, and really nice. Check with venere.com and tripadvisor.com for other choices, map locations, pricing, and client reviews. Buon viaggio,