Please sign in to post.

Rome hotels

Traveling to Italy late September. Booked three nights at Navona Queen Rooftop B&B in Rome. Any suggestions for places to stay in the Navona area with a budget of under $200 a night? Not sure I picked the right place because I think it’s a two star hotel where I would prefer at least a three star. Thanks.

Posted by
23267 posts

Stars do not relate to quality but to services provided. As for quality a particular two star hotel could be much nicer than a nearby three star. Three stars sometimes cost more because they are providing more services. For example (and only a example) a 3 star could be required to have a 24 hour check-in desk and a two star only a limited check-in desk. Could be a locked front door after 2200. Comparison should be about services and not stars. And the star system is not the same from country to country.

Posted by
891 posts

I totally agree with Frank.

The stars in Europe mean something totally different. It is all about services, example: free breakfast? elevator?
things like this. We have stayed in both but some of the 2 stars we liked the rooms and location better. I would suggest read the details about the hotel and send them emails with questions that are important to you.

Have a Great Trip!

Mimi

Posted by
871 posts

You're in luck. The establishment has a very high rating of 9.2 on www.booking.com.

Try dates in November, enter Navona Queen Rooftop; read all about it, see pictures, read reviews offered by actual guests.

Booking.com is the premier site for checking out hotels. Some folks like to deal with hotels directly. I use the website exclusively with cancelable reservations made far ahead; always making changes very simply as the planning process moves forward.

Posted by
15807 posts

While I use the booking.com website a lot for reviews and reserving rooms, I also reference candid "traveler" photos on Trip Advisor - taken by hotel guests versus the prettied-up "ad" shots posted by the properties - for getting a feel for actual room sizes/arrangements, window views, steepness/length of stair flights, etc. Using a combo of both sites has worked well so far!