Please sign in to post.

Rome Hotel

Hi, I was wondering if we could get a recommendation for a hotel in Rome. A convenient and safe location. Possible budget is 150 to 200 Euro per night. We were in Rome in the Fall of 2006. We booked trip thru a travel agent. Can't remenber name of small hotel but not far from Spanish steps .We stayed 3 nights and I could barely sleep at all- it felt quite spooky. Thanks.

Posted by
32212 posts

Sally, I usually stay in the Termini area, which seems to be a "convenient and safe location" (at least in my experience so far). There are LOTS of good Hotels in various parts of Rome listed in the Italy or Rome Guidebooks. You should be able to find a copy at your local Library or larger Book Stores. You could also check Trip Advisor for ratings. Some that you might have a look at are This Hotel or This Hotel. If you'd like to try a somewhat different area (further from Termini), you could have a look at This Hotel in Trastevere. Happy travels!

Posted by
1018 posts

I suggest you look at venere.com and tripadvisor.com because they both will provide choices, map locations, pricing, and client reviews. We have used venere many times and have always been satisfied. Also, once you find a hotel check their website, as well, because they sometimes are cheaper or offer some special deal. Buon viaggio,

Posted by
267 posts

we stayed at the hotel canada near the termini . it was very nice , would go back again. great reviews on trip advisor. good luck :):)

Posted by
735 posts

Thanks for your feedbacks and suggestions. I would rather stay close to the Termini . Thanks for suggesting Hotel Canada that's close to the Termini. I feel comfortable that there were good reviews about it. I will post separately ona different post regarding Venere .com for accomodations re. other part sof our trip. Thanks again.

Posted by
23282 posts

I am with Ken for the Termini area. We have used three hotels in that area Sonya, Aberdeen, and Contilla. We prefer the Sonya because, WE think, the breakfast is slightly better than Aberdeen but the Aberdeen is a great hotel is little further from Termini. Contilla is the closest to Termni and we use it primarily when passing through Rome and we need a quick overnight.

Posted by
408 posts

I am staying at the Hotel Mascagni in Rome in April this year. It is near the train station too. I think it is $180.00 a night with breakfast included.

Posted by
408 posts

I am staying at the Hotel Mascagni in Rome in April this year. It is near the train station too. I think it is $180.00 a night with breakfast included.

Posted by
29 posts

I have stayed at the Hotel Aberdeen near the Termini Station three times and have always had a good experience. It is clean, in a good location for walking and catching transportation, and the staff is pleasant and helpful. The rooms are a generous size.

Posted by
1825 posts

I agree with Liz. I have also stayed at Hotel Aberdeen 3 times in the last couple years. I have always enjoyed my stay there. It is quiet, clean and breakfast was fine-especially the cappacino.

Posted by
361 posts

We just returned from 12 days in Italy in Novemeber and when in Rome we stayed at the Hotel Lillium which is about 6 blocks, an easy walk from the Termini. The staff was sweet and helpful, the rooms are all painted in pastel colors, they are a little small but very clean and most come with bath/shower combo. We paid 90 Euro. Check the hotel out on venere.com

Posted by
1021 posts

If it fits the budget for your dates, Albergo del Senato, Piazza della Rotonda. A fine hotel in an outstanding location in central Rome.

Posted by
1127 posts

Stay at Nicolas Inn near the Colosseum. It's in a safe area and not at all spooky.

Posted by
735 posts

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions regarding hotels. I will definitely check into it. Thanks again!

Posted by
31 posts

We've stayed at Hotel Aberdeen twice...both time had a wonderful experience. Tip #1 ... the rooms with 2 twin beds are larger than the rooms with a "double". We've noticed both times that the "double" is actually just 2 twins pushed together. So recommend getting 2 twins and asking the hotel to push them together after you get there. Tip #2 ... Rick's tour groups often stay there. Find out when the tour is scheduled to leave and avoid getting caught in the breakfast rush. Tip #3 ... the WiFi only works within a few feet of the hotel's complimentary internet cafe computers. It can get pretty crowded when it's during USA business hours. Tip #4 ... if you are walking to/from Termini watch out when you cross the street. It can be really dangerous!