Please sign in to post.

Rome Hotel

I am looking for recommendations on a Rome hotel. We want a hotel thats very nice but are a bit shocked by prices. thanks

Posted by
3580 posts

I don't think a "very nice" hotel is going to be cheap. Try the Aberdeen Hotel. It's in the RS books, and rates are reasonable. I stayed there a few years ago and found it very nice.

Posted by
23296 posts

Your should probably tells us your shock level. We have used Aberdeen and Sonya about equal but wife thinks Sonya breakfast is slightly, very slightly, better. We have also used Contilla which is the same star rating - 3 - but a marginal breakfast. It is alittle cheaper and we used for it for one night stays in Rome because it is only one block from Termini.

Posted by
1018 posts

Shocking prices is a nebulous term and means different things to different people. Can you give us dollar/euro amounts and we will be more helpful. In the meantime, check venere.com and tripadvisor.com for hotel choices. Both sites provide hotels, pricing, map locations, and client reviews. Buon viaggio,

Posted by
346 posts

For our time in Rome in June, the Aberdeen Hotel lists it at 150 Euros/night. Not sure if this is reasonable or not.

Posted by
7737 posts

One man's "reasonable" is another man's "pricey". Do you have the RS Rome book? It's loaded with recommendations for the best neighborhoods to locate in, with lodging for all price ranges. Good luck.

Posted by
249 posts

Nicolas Inn on Via Cavour; no sticker shock and a very nice place.

Posted by
891 posts

We liked the Hotel Lancelot. Some people think that it's too far out to walk, but we walked everywhere! The neighborhood is nice, some local restaurants, a grocery and I especially love walking "home" at night around the Coliseum. Have a great trip.
Mimi