Please sign in to post.

Rome hotel

What's a nice hotel in Rome not far from the train station? I'd like one for my last 2 nights in Italy.

I got a few suggestions:
Hotel Aberdeen, Hotel Oceana, and Hotel Sonya.
It seems they're all near to the Termimi and around the same price.
Who can tell me which is the better choice?
Thanks.

Posted by
598 posts

I would second the Hotel Aberdeen. Nice rooms, good breakfast, excellent staff. Within walking distance of the train station and the metro.

Posted by
353 posts

I discovered the Hotel Rafaello 3 trips ago and it is now the only place I stay in Rome. Not the cheapest but not expensive either. Very professional and helpful front desk, wonderful breakfast at no additional charge, coffee and tea available all day. From the time I get off the train at Termini to the hotel is 10 minutes walk. (or less but I am a fast walker) The immediate Monti neighborhood is a favorite of mine,but the coliseum is a short walk away.

Posted by
138 posts

Another vote for the Hotel Raffaello. Easy 5 block walk from the train station. Quiet area with great restaurants within a few blocks. Easy walk to the coliseum.

Posted by
23240 posts

We have used both Sonya and Aberdeen. Sonya is just across from the Opera House and several blocks closer to Termini than Aberdeen. Both very similar hotels. Wife prefers Sonya because she thinks their lattes are better. If they are, the margin is very, very small.

Posted by
1103 posts

Here is another vote for the Hotel Aberdeen.

Posted by
20 posts

I'm also looking for a hotel for my last night in Italy (returning from Sorrento), If I stay at one of the ones suggested is there a train at the Termini station that would bring us to the airport? Thanks in advance.

Posted by
62 posts

We are currently staying at Hotel Aberdeen. The rooms are clean, the staff is incredible, and the breakfast is very good. It’s not a luxury hotel, but perfect for us. We stayed in room 34, looking over the street, and our son had room 24 over the courtyard. His room seemed quieter but ours had a better view! The walk to Termini train station is just a few blocks. Since we walked everywhere, it wasn’t an issue for us. Just make sure you map out your directions before you arrive, the street names are carved high up on the sides of the corner buildings. The Leonardo Express (Between FCO and Termini) costs 14 euros. Use the red Trenitalia machines to purchase your ticket. Select the Leonardo Express and validate your ticket before you get on the train. Look for my trip report coming soon. Ciao!

Posted by
23240 posts

....is there a train at the Termini station that would bring us to the airport?..... Yes, the Leonard Express - twice an hour. A shared shuttle arranged by your hotel works well also.

Posted by
227 posts

Hotel Oceania. We stayed there last year. 15 minute walk to train station, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, nice staff and felt safe.