Please sign in to post.

Rome hotel??

Will be traveling to Rome Italy with my aunt & cousin this July - am thinking of booking 3 nights at the Hosianum Palace - both the location & rooftop terrace appeal to us. any thoughts or suggestions - is it a good hotel?? if no any other suggestions?? thanks!!

Posted by
32269 posts

Karen, I don't have any information on that particular Hotel, but you could check Trip Advisor to get some feedback. Whatever you decide I'd book something SOON, as July could be busy. Happy travels!

Posted by
10 posts

We always rent apartments when we can and find airbnb.com very helpfull

Posted by
1501 posts

I hated Arco de Tolomei. The computer desk was immediately outside our bedroom door, and absolutely no privacy, since someone seemed to ALWAYS be using it, day or night. The room was so small we had to put the suitcase under the bed, and take turns standing outside the room while the other got something out of the suitcase. NEVER again. Also, when we arrived in Rome from our flight from the US (East Coast), it was not yet check in time, and they didn't even have a bathroom for us to use, and directed us to a cafe around the corner. This is where we had our "included" breakfast every day, which was a sweet pastry and coffee. Everything else was an upgrade $. I know this is a problem when arriving in Rome from the US early in the morning when last night's guest have not vacated the rooms yet, but this place, although clean and safe, was not a charming B&B in my opinion. I DID like Trastavere, though. Usually I stay at one of the Alimandi hotels, either Alimandi Tunisi or Alimandi Vaticano. Right near the Vatican/St, Peters, etc, and with very convenient transportation to the other sites in Rome.