Please sign in to post.

Rome Hotel

What hotel does the RS tour group use on the 7 day tour of Rome?

Posted by
7209 posts

I'm guessing they use several different hotels. If you're booked on a tour why not ask your tour guide/rep? If you're just looking for a good place to stay in Rome then there are MANY...of which RS may/may not use.

Posted by
7 posts

I already have a trip lined up next month. I am looking beyond to my next trip, which means I am just beginning to think about it. I just want to know what hotels the RS tour groups use for the 7 day Rome tour.

This forum is full of travel aficianodos, so I am confident some folks here can answer my question.

Cheers,
Kevin

Posted by
108 posts

In March 2017 I was on the RS Best of Rome in 7 days tour and we stayed at the Hotel Lancelot. In March 2018 I returned to Rome on my own and stayed at the Hotel Lancelot once again. There was a RS Best of Rome in 7 days tour group staying there at that time. I don't know if every tour group stays there, but in speaking with the owner they do get a lot of tour business from RS.

Posted by
11199 posts

Our RS tour stayed at Hotel Aberdeen.

Would not hesitate to use it again

Posted by
908 posts

I second joe above. Hotel San Carlo is another one that RS uses on 7-day tours.

Posted by
7 posts

Davey, Joe and Teresa....

Thanks a bunch :-)

Posted by
786 posts

Our VFR tour group stayed at Hotel San Carlo last year. We were very happy with the facilities, our rooms and, especially, the extremely friendly, helpful staff.

Posted by
39 posts

Last September we stayed at the Hotel Museum( formerly Hotel Allimandi Tunisi) and to our surprise the Rick Steves Tour was also staying there. It is a super location, just down the stairs from the Vatican Museum and close enough to the Cipro metro, also many small restaurants "where the locals eat."

Posted by
891 posts

October, 2016 our 7 Day Rome tour with RS stayed at Hotel Lancelot. When we got the information about the hotel for the tour we were thrilled. About 10 years ago Hubby and I went to Rome for a week on an independent travel vacation. I found the Hotel Lancelot online and we stayed there for the week and loved it.

Mrs. Kahn, the owner, and her daughter were so nice and helpful. My hairdryer is a curling iron that blows hot air. I took it and a converter. The converter was not strong enough and blew the circuit breaker on our floor. It was fixed in 10 minutes, Mrs. Kahn was so nice, but requested that I not use it again. When she found out what it was that I was trying to use, she found one for me and sold it to me. I still have it and use it on all of my European trips. She was so nice about it. Obviously this was before I had found the RS Forum and hadn't read about converters not being strong enough sometimes. I threw it away.

Anyway, back to the point. We like the Lancelot. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is very generous and lots of choices. Rooms are comfortable. We will stay there again if we go to Rome.

Have a Great Trip
Mimi

Posted by
7209 posts

I don't think there's any better hotel in Rome than the Hotel Napoleaon with the metro entrance about 15 steps from the front door. The hotel was once posh years ago and now it's still upscale and very comfortable with staff that bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. There are some great restaurants around the area including one of my favorites, Trattoria Vecchia...where you'll DEFINITELY need a reservation.