Please sign in to post.

rome hotel

Can anyone give me a few names of hotels in Rome that I can stay with my granddaughters that have the beautiful old designs inside and out. I want this to be a lasting experience. It would be nice to be able to look out into the city. Thanks

Posted by
705 posts

I'm sure lots of people will be able to tell you actual names of hotels that meet your requiremnents but you may like to start narrowing down hotels by going to www.venere.com and www.tripadvisor.com for some ideas. These sites give reviews from people who have stayed in the hotels and venere lets you search by areas as well which is really helpful.

Posted by
934 posts

I think that the lasting experience will be the city not the hotel.Pick a location that is handy and safe and enjoy.

Posted by
689 posts

Hotel Navona is near and dear to us. It is just off Piaza Navona. It used to be in Rick's book - but wasn't the last time I looked. I don't know why - we still enjoy it greatly.

Posted by
192 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Lancelot the spring of '06. It's very clean, friendly, safe, is family-run, has great breakfasts and dinners and is about a 5-min. walk from the Colosseum. Also, it has an elevator! :) Outside and inside are lovely. The view from our 3rd-floor window was of several VERY old buildings and a couple of church steeples.

Posted by
215 posts

We stayed a week last year in the Antico Palazzo di
Roma just across the street from Piazza Santa Maria
Maggiore. It was the former home of a medieval
pope and is beautiful inside. It still has the
family library and chapel for viewing. We found
it on initaly.com. It is fairly expensive, but
meets your preferences.