Please sign in to post.

Rome Hotel

Looking for a good, inexpensive, central hotel in Rome for fall. Our regular hotel, The Grifo, has almost doubled it's rates in a year.

Posted by
77 posts

I can recommend HOTEL LAURA right at the entrance of metro Bologna. If you don't mind a quick metro ride in the AM into town... send me a PM and I will send you some pictures.

Posted by
32219 posts

Roberta, It would help if you could provide some information on what you consider "inexpensive". You might have a look at either Hotel Sonya or Hotel Aberdeen. Both are in the Termini area, which I find to be a good "central" location. If you're on a really tight budget, you could also consider a Hostel. Happy travels!

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks, I will check out those two. We are looking for something between 60 and 80 Euros a night and preferably on the Esquilino side of the termini.

Posted by
23318 posts

That is a very low number for that location.

Posted by
75 posts

What about Cross-Pollinate's Beehive? We just booked apartments through them and have been very impressed. They're near the train station. www.cross-pollinate.com ... Also recommended by RS.

Posted by
653 posts

Another possibility in your price range is monastery or convent accommodations. Santa Susanna website or Monastery Stays might be helpful.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I checked cross-pollinate.com and there are some good choices.