Please sign in to post.

Rome Food Tour

Has anyone done The Roman Guy "Trastevere Food Tour"? I'm looking for something our first night in Rome, June 1, that includes food, wine and light walking tour. Do you think it would be doable to check into airbnb by 3pm and start this food tour at 5:30pm? Nice part is it starts right near our apartment, easy to find. With our tight schedule in Rome, it may be the only time we get to see Trastevere. Would love your thoughts and experiences on this tour.

Posted by
101 posts

We just returned from a week in Rome and we did two walking food tours. They were both amazing. One was in the Trastevere and the other in Testaccio. We used Eating Italy ( www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com ). Its a great way to experience parts of the city you'd otherwise not likely visit. We did the Twilight Trastevere tour - and one of the stops was a 2000 year old ex synagogue that was turned into a restaurant - and the basement (which used to be street level) is now a wine cellar. It was just amazing. We had a wine tasting down there.

I'd highly, highly encourage a tour such as that. If you're interested - I believe my wife has a business card with a discount code that can be used to book through Eating Italy. But in any case - I think you can't go wrong with one of these tours.

Posted by
106 posts

Dear Dave,

Thank you for the reply and your "foodie experience". I like that there are different start times to Eating Italy food tours. Their June dates aren't posted yet, but I will keep looking for next year.

I felt that since we need to eat anyway, why not combine touring and eating.

Posted by
1625 posts

We also did the Twilight Trastevere tour with eating Italy and I HIGHLY recommend them. Small groups, stop at small restaurants for a bite here and a bite there, ending the evening with a full meal, walking down little alleys...this was one of the highlights of our trip. When we go back next year we will be doing another tour with them. The night time ones fill up fast so book as soon as the dates become available.

Posted by
681 posts

We also did the Testaccio tour with Eating Italy just last month and it was wonderful. It included food (lots of food!), wine and light walking and was so much fun. It also gave us a much-needed break from the huge crowds in the tourist areas of Rome.

Posted by
106 posts

Thanks Letizia and Nancy! For the Trastevere Twilight tour, were you exhausted at the end or just full and content :) Do you think my group of four adults will be up for this light grazing stroll after checking into our Campo dei Fiori apartment around 2:30-3:00 pm? I'm thinking fresh air and good food after an overnight flight and to bed by 9pm. Does this sound doable to you guys?