Please sign in to post.

Rome

Warning! There's something going on in Rome during the last week of September. I tried to book a hotel and the first five choices were booked !

Posted by
11600 posts

And why is this under “Germany “ if it is about Rome, Italy?

Posted by
3951 posts

I'm pretty sure OP is talking about Rome, Germany.

Posted by
16320 posts

Hmmm, I know the OP has tours booked in Rome for October, and there's no city of Rome, Germany that I know of (but could be wrong). If it's Rome, Italy, late Sept. is still high season so finding your first choices for hotels booked isn't necessarily out of the ordinary or mean that there's something extraordinary going on in town. That said, David Gilmore is playing 6 concerts at the Circus Maximus end of Sept and beginning of Oct. so could add to the general mob size.

"The shows which are already shaping up to be one of the most important live events of 2024 will take place in Rome on 27th, 28th and 29th September and on 1st, 2nd and 3rd October and will be the world premiere and only shows in mainland Europe. The shows will be held in the extraordinary setting of the Circus Maximus, one of the most evocative places in the Italian Capital...."

Posted by
2442 posts

"and there's no city of Rome, Germany that I know of"

Not true. There's Rom, a municipality in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, populated by 800 souls. But there's no hotel in Rom ...