Please sign in to post.

Rome B&B

Can anyone recommend a nice B&B near the Coliseum and away from the Termini? Rates in the $100 range, thanks. You're right, 100 Euros, and there are two of us.

Posted by
7737 posts

$100 US a night for two is REALLY low for Rome. That's about 75 euros. Are you traveling in the off-season? Are there two of you?

Posted by
4152 posts

You need to start thinking in terms of Euros and not dollars. 75 euros is not a lot for the colosseum area. You can use venere.com to see if you can find anything in that area for that price. If not, the termini area is perfectly fine...just not as charming. Donna

Posted by
1116 posts

We stayed at the Nicholas Inn, 5 minute walk to the Colosseo but paid E165 and that was in Oct 2010. I highly recommend it, but as the others have mentioned, you may need to increase your budget.

Posted by
446 posts

Caesar House Residenze Romane was a very nice place a block from the Colisseum but price was a little under $200/night

Posted by
23281 posts

Even 100E/night around major attractions is on the low side. You may have to move further out to stay in that price range.

Posted by
5 posts

I have just booked a B&B VERY close to the Vatican and CLOSE to the Metro stop Cipro. http://www.bbmuseivaticani.com/bed-and-breakfast-rome-gb/rooms.htm Although we have NOT actually stayed there, I have had wonderful conversations with the owner, Erminia, and feel extremely comfortable with everything we have confirmed! We will pay 80 Euros per night including breakfast, free wi-fi, cleaning, and en suite bathroom. It is directly near ther entrance to the Vatican Museum which will allow us to enter early & quickly. I have searched long and hard and feel I have made a good, reasonable choice for a nice place in Rome!
Annette