Please sign in to post.

Rome Airport to Train Station

What is the best way to get from the airport in Rome to the train station in Rome? We are taking the train to Florence and want to know the best transportation from the airport to the train station.

Posted by
10344 posts

A direct train connects the airport and Rome's central Termini train station, takes 30 minutes, twice hourly; a couple of years ago it was about €10/person. Other more expensive options are shuttle and taxi.

Posted by
8 posts

Is that train easy to find once you are in the airport in Rome?
THanks

Posted by
56 posts

Debbie, it is so simple!! The train literally pulls into the airport. There are signs everywhere directing you to the train platform area.

The train, as mentioned in the other post, is a direct airport-train station (and vice-versa) train called the Leonardo Express and always leaves from and pulls into track 24 in Termini Station. It's 11 Euro and takes 30 min.

Super easy!! I can't stress enough how easy it is. You will be fine.

Posted by
23547 posts

At the time you buy your ticket for the Leonard Express, buy the ticket for Florence. That will save time by not having to buy it in Termini.

Posted by
7895 posts

Keep in mind that three different trains leave from the Airport, make sure you get on the express, which is the only one that goes to Termini. Also, after buying your ticket, make sure you validate it in the little yellow box or be prepared to pay 50 Euro fine.

Posted by
8 posts

I am going to print this page and keep it in my trip folder. Thanks again.

Regarding Florence....My must see's are the Academia, Ufizzi, Santa Croce. Any tips or any other information I should know about.

Thanks.

Debbie

Posted by
466 posts

Take the Leonardo Express from the airport to Termini. There are 2 trains per hour. Don't forget to validate your ticket in the little yellow boxes that are on the wall (this is very important).

Posted by
56 posts

Climb the Duomo stairs into the dome. The 463 steps are killer but the views of the city (and beyond) are worth it. Once I got to the top I literally stood there and stared at how beautiful the city was; I didn't want to leave!

I don't if you're interested in this type of stuff but if you have extra time, stop by the Science Museum (its not even a block from the Uffizi). It's nice and peaceful in there and the collection of telescopes and other materials is great. They have Galileo's actual telescope as well as some of his journal's. It was pretty cool.

Posted by
20 posts

There are two ways to go from Fiumichino to Rome - the Express, which everyone has talked about (currently 11 Euro one way) or you can take a local train - it will cost 5.50 Euro one-way. It makes stops along the way - I think 6 or 7, including Trestevere station. So if you don't need to go all the way to Termini, this station has less congestion, and the 8 train will take you toward the Pantheon. Just another option.

Posted by
2053 posts

The train from the airport to Termini is a breeze. Don't worry. In Florence, we especially liked il Convento di San Marco, very near the Accademia, where you see extraordinary Fra Angelico frescoes in the settings for which they were intended. Not a large place and doesn't take a lot of time...easily combined in a day of Florentine museum hopping. Enjoy!

Posted by
104 posts

Hi Debbie,

Once you get to Florence, try to climb up to Piazza Michelangelo. It is a square on the other side of the Arno river from most of the tourist sights, and you have to climb uphill to get there, but it overlooks the entire city. There is a replica of David there, and the view is stunning - it is basically the same view that you will get if you climb the Duomo, except that the Piazza is free, and you can see the Duomo. If you go in the evening, then you can see Florence light up for the night. It is usually fairly busy, but so worth it. My friend and I walked up there three nights in a row this summer! Have fun, Florence is a beautiful city!

Posted by
8 posts

Thanks again for all the help. 20 more days and I am in Florence!!!!

Posted by
440 posts

Near Pza Michelangelo is the San Miniato church. As well as being a gorgeous church, listening to the monks sing vespers(?) at about 5:00pm is delightful. And the Boboli Gardens - part of the Pitti Palace.