Please sign in to post.

Rome Airport Shuttle

Is this shuttle service still in operation between FCO and Rome? Rome and Civitavecchia?

Thanks

Posted by
6500 posts

What service are you referring to? The Leonardo Express is probably the fastest, simplest way to get between FCO and Rome's Termini station.

Posted by
157 posts

Here is their website. I've used them in the past. I'm trying to determine if the are still a viable way to get from FCO to Rome and from Rome to the Port --- we're leaving Rome on a cruise.

http://www.airportshuttle.it/

Posted by
7543 posts

From the linked website it appears they are. They are however one of dozens of private companies you could use, as well a Rome City Taxi cab at a fixed rate into Rome. Options abound for Buses and train as well.

Posted by
157 posts

UPDATE: We are home from our Transatlantic cruise. The Rome Airport Shuttle worked out just fine. FCO to Rome Hotel and Rome Hotel to Civitavecchia.

Posted by
23266 posts

Curious -- what price did you pay?

Posted by
157 posts

FCO > Rome Nerva Boutique Hotel --- 43.00 Euro for 4 passengers
Rome Nerva Boutique Hotel > Civitavecchia NCL Dock --- 120 Euro for 4 passengers

Posted by
507 posts

I've used this company's services many times on my own and for my student groups, including earlier this month. They are, by far, the least expensive shuttle I've found and are very dependable.

Posted by
317 posts

I have had great success using https://www.suntransfers.com/ for transfers between FCO and Rome. They have several levels of service to accommodate however many people are in your group. They keep up with your flight information so you won't have to stress yourself if you land a little late. They wait at the meeting point just beyond the baggage claim area and will be holding a sign with either your name or Suntransfers witten on it. I have used them in Rome several times as well as in many other cities throughout Europe.

Best of luck!

Posted by
157 posts

Do they offer service from Rome to Civitavecchia Docks?

Posted by
317 posts

Suntransfers has taken me anywhere I have asked them (hotels, train stations, etc) so I don't see there being any issue with taking you to Civitavecchia. Having a prearranged taxi just makes one less thing to worry about.

Posted by
157 posts

Used Romecabs.com twice and was not happy the first time. The second time it was fine. Not sure that I would use them again. This was from the airport to our Rome hotel.