Please sign in to post.

Rome Airport Hotels

We will spending our last night in Italy in Rome and would like to stay near the airport. Any suggestions where we should stay?

Posted by
6898 posts

Hello Neighbor. We often suggest that you spend your last night in Rome and have the hotel have a taxi appear at 3:00am-4:00am to take you to the airport. It's done all the time and it's very reliable. You might find that the hotel cost plus the taxi will be about the same as staying near the airport.

The hotels in Fiumicino know why you are there. One night and you're out of there. CLICK HERE to see a list of the hotels from www.tripadvisor.com. Click on the "Show All" button to see more. Read some of the reviews to see what I'm hinting at.

Posted by
381 posts

We stayed at the courtyard Marriot and it was very nice. The hilton is easy because it is right at the terminal. Just be aware they are not cheap and there is not alot to do in airport area. I did like the resturant at the marriot courtyard. Very good meals and friendly. Not like the courtyards we know of in the states

Posted by
6 posts

I must respectfully disagree, having just come back from Rome. First, with the idea of staying the last night in Rome, since the uncertainty of a $50 taxi ride in traffic adds an unnecessary knot to your stomach. Second, with the idea that there are no good, affordable hotels near the airport. We just got back from a trip to Italy and had rental cars with us. We stayed at the Best Western I Triangoli (http://www.romehotel-itriangoli.it/) for 100 Euros per night. The hotel was newly-built, had enclosed, locked, free parking, had free wifi, free breakfast buffet, and was a 15 minute drive to the airport, where we dropped off our cars. This place is highly recommended for those driving cars and/or having early morning departures where minimal variables are desired.

My only caveat is that the airport has non-existent signs directing you to the rental car return. You have to loop inside the airport in a tightening spiral, into the "Arrival" area, with no signage until the end.