Please sign in to post.

Rome airport hotel

Our flight is leaving Rome FCO is at 10am and I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a hotel near the airport. Looking to keep it under 150 Euro for a double. fyi the day prior to the flight I will be traveling back into Rome. Thanks,
Dona

Posted by
6898 posts

This is not a really early departure. You might like staying your last night in Rome a lot better. The Leonardo Express begins their runs out of Rome Termini at 5:53am. You're at FCO by 5:45. To answer your question directly, there are about 30 hotels in Fiumicino which are nearby the airport. The Hilton has a long overpass that lets you walk to the terminal. The hotels there are reasonable but they know why you are there. Service is known for not being really great. Go to www.tripadvisor.com and enter Fiumicino, Italy and you will see all of the hotels.

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks Larry for the info. We will have 5 nights in Rome prior to hitting the road for 2 weeks and don't think it is necessary to back into Rome. And to tell the truth I'm not sure I want to be up that early to catch the plane. I will look at trip advisor as you have suggested. Thanks again, Dona

Posted by
101 posts

How are you getting "back into Rome" to facilitate this airport area hotel stay? Will you have a rental car or are you looking to arrive by train? If you dont' have a car, then at Termini you still take the Leonardo Express to Fiumicino airport and have to catch a taxi or (pre-arranged by hotel) shuttle from airport to hotel (unless you stay at the ONLY "on property" airport hotel--Hilton). Near airport, I like Best Western Riviera and Club Hotel Isola Sacra (though I think Isola Sacra may be more like 190 euro???). Both have airport shuttles, for a fee and on a particular schedule, as well as by prior arrangement to ensure a seat.

Posted by
3610 posts

Just a warning to be very careful when dealing with the less expensive hotels near FCO. Some years ago, we booked one whose website promised breakfast and a free shuttle to the airport. We took the Leonardo express out to the airport and called them. No, they didn't have a shuttle. We had to take a taxi. 25 euros for less than a mile. The breakfast was a packaged croissant, burned in the heating and coffee. The manager arranged with a friend to take us back to FCO for another 15 euros. Adding on the cost of breakfast in the airport, by that time, we were almost up to the price specials being offered by the Hilton.