Please sign in to post.

Rome Airport Hotel

Any suggestions for a hotel near Rome airport with shuttle service? We need a place for Saturday and Sunday nights, with an early flight departure on Monday morning. The apartment we have rented for two weeks, is already booked for that weekend we leave, so we need another place to stay for those two nights.

Posted by
4152 posts

There is a hilton right at the airport. I don't know if they have a shuttle but you could take the express train into town everyday.

I would find a place near the termini station and not stay at the airport. You can easily arrange an early morning pick-up with a cab or private company like romecabs.com to get you to the airport on time. This will give you more time in the city and not have to commute.

Donna

Posted by
1078 posts

The Hilton does have a shuttle into Rome that runs from around 0800 to late in the evening.
More important, it also has a DIRECT shuttle to T5 for your flight back to the states so you don't have to fight your way onto the bus from the main terminal.
You might also check the Hilton Garden Inn, however, that shuttle(I think) is just to FCO, but you could take the train in to town--either to Termini or the other that stops at Testevere and you can connect there. Ask at the ticket office.

Posted by
1170 posts

Why would you want to stay your last 2 nights at the airport? Find something in town and have your accommodation arrange a ride for you to the airport (40 Euro). It's a shame to have to spend your last 2 nights at the airport. It's an industrial area. Enjoy your last 2 days/nights taking in a little bit more of the Roman sights but without an agenda or itinerary. I recommend the Trastevere area. I stay at the "Arco del Lauro", Lorenza or Daniela might be able to hook you up. Look on TripAdvisor.com for other recommendations.

Posted by
32213 posts

Kathleen,

If you definitely want to stay right the airport, the Rome Airport Hilton is a good choice. You can walk from the Hotel directly into the Terminals via a "Skybridge" (depending on which terminal your flight will depart from).

I was at the Hilton a few months ago, and as I recall it has easy access to T1/ T2/ T3 and also the station for the Leonardo Express.

There's not much to do there in terms of "sightseeinng", but it's a VERY nice Hotel.

Cheers!

Posted by
7 posts

Many thanks to everyone for their airport hotel suggestions! Contacted American Airlines this A.M., and they had just received two cancellations for the flight that we needed leaving early Friday morning out of Rome, instead waiting to leave on Monday. We feel so fortunate that we no longer will have that additional airport hotel expense.