Please sign in to post.

Rome Airport

I've done my research on how to get from the Rome aiport to downtown Rome (termini train station) but my question is this, can I pay for the train ticket with my credit card? At this point of the trip I won't have any Euro's, and I've heard the ATM's at the airport are usually broken, crowded or give horrible rates.

Posted by
7737 posts

Or you can get your ticket at any one of the ticket machines, also using your credit card. It's true about the ATM rates - they use the standard bank exchange rates. It's the fees you've got to watch out for. Get a Capital One Money Market account set up, and use the debit card for the best deal. No fees at all. It takes a few weeks to get set up, though.

Posted by
23297 posts

Just to make sure Michael's comment is clear. ALL fees are determine by your card issuer. There are no fees to use a bank ATM in Europe. There may be some private ATMs not associated with a bank that will charge fees but that should be very clear to you.

Posted by
7570 posts

Rates do not vary among ATMs, but at Airports, on occasion you will find ATM looking machines that are automatic change stations. Stay away from these, you will pay a much worse rate. These are located near the owning Exchange Counter, if you see a non-bank name like Travelex, move on.