Please sign in to post.

rome

what suggestions would anyone have for a 54 y.o. woman to wear in rome in march...i believe it will be in the 50-55 degree range.

Posted by
536 posts

Cathy - You could go with a two piece string Bikini BUT it would be brisk. Since I was born in Roma I know it quite well. A Sweater or Jacket, slacks or a skirt. Think Quincy Market in April and you've got it.

Go Red Sox, Ciao, Greg

Posted by
1170 posts

Dress in layers, long sleeves, sweaters, a light jacket, rain gear (umbrella and/or raincoat), etc...

Posted by
891 posts

Cathy, I pack the way Rick suggests, a 21" carryon.
I pack black pants & tan pants. Every top must go with both colors. Long sleeve shirts, a black & tan vest(with zip pockets). A light jacket and a light rainjacket with hood. I wear the black shoes to travel & carry a pair of brown ones. With the easy to carry laundry sheets now, we wash out the undies & sometimes the shirts in the bathroom sink. If you want to add some color to dress up at night, use a scarf or a colorful shirt. Take a small travel umbrella if you have room. If not, the first time it starts raining, the umbrella guys will be outside every museum & tourist site. Don't forget the RS Rome book & have a great trip.