Please sign in to post.

Rome: 110 Open and Archeobus no longer in business

Apologies if this has already been posted but I haven't seen it.

These HOHO bus services ceased operations on 12/17/2014. If anyone has pre-purchased tickets, you may apply for refunds at though info@trambusopen.com. See the news release on the website:

http://www.trambusopen.com/en/home.cfm

Posted by
32740 posts

That's a shame, but they have appeared to have been of little use for several years.

Their services have, in the main been supplanted by normal buses. I've been happy on the Appian Way just using normal buses.

Posted by
15806 posts

I agree, Nigel. Also, reviews for both have been less than glowing for some time so it's probably for the best. The train worked well for us when we did the Appia: you can take an FR8/FR7, or FR4 to Torricola or Capannelle, respectively, for the price of a B.I.T. and hoof it over to a jump-on point. It can be an interesting (!) walk along a narrow road (from Torricola, anyway) but we'd do it again!

Posted by
11613 posts

I agree, these buses were not reliable enough for me, I always use regular ATAC buses.

Posted by
15806 posts

We don't use HOHOs in general but some are useful (not necessarily the two out of business) for travelers with mobility issues. Rome is so much fun to walk that we've only jumped on transit a couple of times (Metro) and only when needing to get somewhere farther afield.