Please sign in to post.

RomaPass

We are thinking about purchasing the RomaPass tickets before we get to Rome. Based on others experiences, are these passes really a good deal $ wise and / or time wise?

Posted by
306 posts

It depends. If you are going to see two sites that are covered by the Roma Pass then it is worth it.

Posted by
544 posts

It is also a bargain if you use the public transit frequently. Included in the RomaPass packet is a Rome map with many tourist destinations marked. On the back of the map is the list of destinations with information about opening hours and the most convenient Metro and bus routes for each site. When traveling between two sites, if you find they share a bus or Metro route, it's easy to then just hop on and off convenient public transit. I don't think there's any advantage to ordering the RomaPass.

Posted by
4152 posts

There is no need to purchase the pass before you get to Italy. Just pick it up when you get there. The best thing to do is to look at the list of sites covered by the pass and determine how many of them you'll be seeing in the 3 days the pass is valid. If you'll see at least 2 and use public transport a few or not use public transport but see at least 3 sites then the pass is worth the money. If not then the pass will only be of benefit for getting you past the long lines at the colosseum. Donna

Posted by
1116 posts

I agree with just picking up the pass when you get there. It's definitely worth is if you pick 2 sites that are covered because you get the first 2 sites free. Note that Vatican is not included and that Colosseum/Forum counts as 1 site. If you plan on taking public transport also then it's a great deal.

Posted by
94 posts

My family and I will be traveling to Italy in July for a few weeks. We will be purchasing the tickets there at the travel places. I hear there is no problem.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks for all the responses. Will wait and purchase one when we arrive at the airport. Appreciate the good advice.

Posted by
6 posts

If you don't get a chance to grab them at the airport, the main office for them is in the basement of the Rome train station, you can also get them there. We loved it. They got us through the faster line at the Colosseum, and covered all public travel, which we used a lot. We ended up using the 2nd site ticket to go to a modern art museum in the northern part of the city, was a great break from the tourists and completely beautiful. Have a blast!

Posted by
2207 posts

The Azienda di Promozione, Turistica di Roma offices are over on Via Parigi, just off Piazza Republica - rarely anyone ever heads over there. You can pick up a Roma Pass at either Rome Airport, or at any Tourist Information Booth, also called a P.I.T. ( I Punti Informativi Turistici). In Roma Termini, the P.I.T. desk is located adjacent to the Rental Car counters. Follow the rental car signs and you'll find the P.I.T. desk on the main level, near track 24. There's a map of Roma Termini in this article. There's a picture of the P.I.T. desk at Roma Termini in the Tourist Information link above. The Roma Pass, as mentioned, is great if you're going to use the transportation system and visit at least two major sites. Not only can you get them at any Tourist Information Booth, but also at most spots where they can be redeemed - or at many newstands and Tabacchi shops (as supplies last at each!). just in Roma Termini station, they are sold in at least 5-6 different spots. I'd not buy online in advance as you'll just have to go to a specific Tourist Information Booth with a purchase-code and pick one up... so you're better to wait and go to a P.I.T. that may be more convenient. I've also had folks buy them at the Colosseo metro stop just to avoid the lines on a busy day in-season. They are great to use, as are other Discount Passes in Rome... including the Roma & Piu Pass.