Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass questions

Spending three days in Rome prior to a cruise out of Civitavecchia. Planning on getting a Roma Pass and was wondering if it is our best bank for the buck, what is included (their website indicates you get in to your first two attractions free and discounts for the rest)? Which attractions are included, I'm assuming that the Vatican is not. Can it be used to get from Rome to Civitavecchia? Is there anything else I should know about the Pass. Thanks-Dennis

Posted by
1317 posts

Lots of info on the Roma Pass available here:

http://www.roninrome.com/%20transportation/should-i-buy-a-roma-pass

Generally, I like the Roma Pass. If you will be there 3 days and plan to use public transportation, as well as visit 2 of the sites on the pass, it pays for itself. Vatican is not included, and I'm fairly certain neither is the train from Rome to Civitavecchia. Most people use their free admissions on the Colosseum/Forum/Palentine Hill (counts as 1) and the Borghese Gallery. You do get a small discount on any other covered sites.

Posted by
4152 posts

Hello,

You cannot use the romapass to get to or from the port. The train into the city from the port is 4.50 euros but the price may go up on the 12th when the new schedule goes up.

As for the romapass you can go to romapass.it to get a complete list of the sites covered but basically all museums and sites are covered by the pass. The colosseum/forum/palatine hill count as one site and you have 2 days (while the pass is valid) to see these sites. Most people use the free entrances for the colosseum complex and the Borghese gallery. You can book a reservation to the Borghese gallery using your romapass at:

www.ticketeria.it/quick_reserve-eng.html

Use the call us free option to save the long distance charges. If you are using the romapass to pay for your ticket this is the way you must book your reservation.

As you figured, the vatican is not included in the romapass as it is it's own country and not part of Rome.

The discounts are up to 50% after you have used your first 2 free entrances. All the sites they cover are listed on the website. The transport pass and the site pass are two separate passes and can be used independently of each other. Just because you validate one doesn't mean the other has been validated.

You can use the site and transport pass to go to Ostia Antica. The train ride is covered and if you use it as one of your free entrances the whole trip will be free.

All in all, it's a great pass. It will save you a ton of money if you are seeing 3 or more sites.

Donna