Please sign in to post.

ROMA PASS

Rick book says get the Roma Pass and that it costs 30 Euro.. I was lead to a website that wants 90 Euro for it and includes a 3 day buss pass. I then went back to his book and it said go to www.romapass.it. I did this but it is all in Italian.. Is this the same pass but marked up or what?? Any advice on the RomaPass form the more experienced travelers here? Michelle Valrico FL
I

Posted by
1540 posts

I was in Rome in the fall and I bought my Roma Pass at Tourist Info desk in the main train station. The passes are also sold at tourist info centers on many of the main streets. I paid the 30 or 35 Euros price (forget exactly what they cost.) The price is printed on the front of the pass which includes a small booklet telling you exactly what it covers, how to use it and about the transportation
pass (which used on the Metro and local buses.)

Posted by
4152 posts

You went to the omnia pass website. That pass isn't worth the money. For the romapass use this website: http://www.romapass.it/p.aspx?l=en&tid=2 The pass is now 34 euros. It does give 3 days worth of transportation during the 3 day validity of the pass. It's worth it if you'll visit at least 3 sites covered by the pass and use public transport a few times. Donna

Posted by
163 posts

Thank you for the info I almost wasted all that money for the pass on that website.. Cant believe the mark up on it.. Geez I live near Disney world and stuff is not marked up that much Michelle

Posted by
7737 posts

When you go to a site like www.romapass.it that's mentioned in one of Rick's books, and find it in Italian only, you need to look on that page for either the British flag or the word English. Click on that to see the page in English. You'll find the word "English" on the right side of the romapass website.

Posted by
11294 posts

And, if you don't find a British flag or "English" or "EN" on a website (and you often have to hunt for it, even if it's there), use translate.google.com. Although it's supposed to find the language automatically, I find it works better if I choose (so in this case, Italian to English). The translation is very approximate, but it usually gets the job done.

Posted by
1003 posts

just returned from a trip to Italy and spent the last 4 days in Rome. Bought the Roma Pass at the TI near Piazza Navona and it is 32 Euros. Don't bother ordering online as you have to pick up in person anyhow. Have been to Rome a number of times before but first time using Roma Pass. I guess we didn't buy one on a trip 18 months ago to Rome as it is valid for 3 consecutive days once activated and we had daytrips planned, etc. It is nice being able to hop on a bus or subway without having to worry about having a ticket. FYI-We purchased our pass on a Monday in the early evening. If we would have activated it Monday evening that would have been our first day and it would have expired Wed. at midnight. This is what the gal at the TI told us. Therefore we did not activate until Tuesday morning so we could get a full days worth of transportation use out of it. We had just come from Sorrento/Naples and had purchased the 3 day Compania Arte Card which worked abit differently as far as the timing. We purchased this card early Thurs. afternoon and were going to activate it a short time later to get to the Arch. Museum. The gal at TI said it would expire Sunday at midnight.

Posted by
163 posts

Yes thank you all.. I found the site that has the info on the ROMA PASS.. I see I can get it many places. I also found the bus pass that you can get for 11 EURO for 2 days.. I am real happy.. I thought I was going to spend a fortune on taxis.. But I might not have to.. I get some Italian Shoes instead.. The Roma Pass from the TI is much less money than the private companies that seem to be reselling the same thing Michelle Valrico FL

Posted by
11294 posts

"The Roma Pass from the TI is much less money than the private companies that seem to be reselling the same thing" Yes, this is a common issue. And not just for travel; it's all over the Internet. For instance, theater tickets bought on Broadway dot com have a much higher markup than those bought from TicketMaster. And - the one we're always warning people here about - train tickets bought on Rail Europe are often much more expensive than tickets bought directly from the company operating the train (Eurostar, Thalys, Trenitalia, etc). Caveat emptor.

Posted by
1003 posts

Michelle--The Roma Pass includes unlimited transportation for 3 days on the subway, buses and trams. No need to buy a Roma Pass and a bus pass.