Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

How good is the Roma Pass? We have been considering buying one as we are interested in some public transportation.

Posted by
636 posts

There are a few recent posts that discuss this. It seems to be mixed as to whether it's worth it.

Posted by
1317 posts

If you plan to use public transportation a "lot" or be in museums a "lot" it's probably worth it.

Visiting the Colosseum, Borghese Gallery, and riding the metro/busses several times will cover the 20 euro cost of the Roma Pass. Some people walk most everywhere, and so the transit pass is less useful.

Posted by
70 posts

We purchased the Roma Pass in March and were glad we did. Used it for the Colosseum/Palatine Hill/Foro Romano and the Borghese Gallery. Received a discount at Capitol Hill. We used the subway everyday while in Rome. Used the buses only one day. If this scenario sounds like your itinerary, you want to save money, and want to save some walking for the galleries, I recommend the Roma Pass.

Posted by
15 posts

We just got back from Italy and had purchased the Roma Pass. We used the Metro extensively from our hotel to various sites, to Ostia Antica, etc., and we used the museum pass for the Colosseum/Palatine Hill and Museum of Rome/Baths of Diocletian. We got our money out of it.

Posted by
267 posts

we were in rome 2 weeks ago and bought the roma pass. we were glad we did, colesseum, forum and palatine hill, pass all the lines getting tickets walked right in on a saturday mid-morning. plus the free public transportation to boot. good luck :):)

Posted by
29 posts

I also am considering getting the Roma Pass. I was wondering how much of a discount do you get after using the two free attractions. Also, I know you need to make reservations for the Borghese so can you still use the pass to pay for that??