Please sign in to post.

Roma pass

This is perhaps a dumb question, but I presume the Roma (and other such museum passes) are per person...Meaning, if I buy just one pass, I won't get the privileges for both me and my husband using that, correct?

Thanks,
Raji.

Posted by
586 posts

Correct! One pass allows access to Metro and various sites for one person. We bought two for a busy three-day stay and found it very worthwhile. Not to mention convenient, especially for in-city transport.

PS: Not at all a "dumb" question!

Posted by
34 posts

Thanks Gio!

I tried to buy the Roma pass online and my credit card was denied. I called my credit card company and they say they don't see any transaction coming through from the merchant and it is most likely a problem on their end.

So, my next question is: is it NOT a good idea for us to wait till we get to Rome to buy the Roma pass at the train station or at a TI office? Does it get sold out easily(we are going in the beginning of August 2009)?

Thanks,
Raji.

Posted by
168 posts

Hi Raji,

They don't "sell out" of the Roma pass to my knowledge. I would recommend just waiting to get to the train station. That's what we did and it was really easy. Just follow the directions in Rick Steve's book. You'll just have to wait in line to buy it.

Have a great trip!

Posted by
3 posts

I was in Rome for only a day and found the Roma Pass to be very helpful. I didn't have to wait in line at the Forum and could use the bus and Metro all day as much as I wanted. Worth it- even for a day!