Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

My wife and I will be in Rome this summer for four nights, arriving mid-morning on the first day, then leaving for Florence via Italo mid-morning on the fifth day. My question is: what is most economical for us in terms of passes? It seems the longest a Roma Pass can be activated for is "3 days," which actually means until midnight of the third day it is activated (so if I'm activating the card late morning on the first day, I really only valid for 2 1/2 days). Is there another option to extend our use of the pass without paying for another 2 days?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by
11613 posts

Why not plan to do the free things, and things not covered by the pass, on Day One? Activate the pass the morning of Day Two and use it through the end of Day Four.

I think the Vatican Museums are not covered, so you could spend Day One at the Museums, St. Peter's, walk through Trastevere, then an evening walk of the Centro Storico to see the fountains and monuments lighted.

Your Day Five isn't much of a day, if you have a mid-morning train to catch.

Posted by
4152 posts

Before buying the romapass be sure to do the math to see if it will save you any money. Unless you plan to visit at least three sites covered by the pass and use public transportation a few times a day then the pass won't save you money. You can easily book the sites you wish to visit via their official websites and bypass lines that way. The romapass doesn't include the Vatican area so you'll need to book that for yourself anyway. Just use the official website:

https://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?weblang=en&do

donna