Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

Will be in Rome for a week. Will take train and metro to get on and off. Plan to visit Capitoline Museum, Forum, Gallery Colonna, National Museum, Is it worth it? How does it work?

Posted by
6075 posts

You have to do the math for YOUR needs
Usually not cost effective

The sites you list here are all easily reached by walking
Probably not much need for a Metro pass

Where are you staying?

Posted by
3812 posts

Have you already looked at the official site? There is a list of all participating sites and museums.

The big problem of the Roma Pass is that most tourists end up walking almost everywhere in central Rome. On the other hand, a "BIT" ticket costs only 1.5 Euro, has a "shelf-life" of years and - once stamped - can be used for 100 minutes in any direction transferring between bus, local trains, metro and tramways.

Posted by
15818 posts

Roma Passes are only good for either 48 or 72 hours, depending on which one you purchase.
The 48-hour pass only allows you free entry to only one attraction
The 72-hour one only allows you a free entry to only 2 attractions.

Some of those attractions require advance, timed-entry reservations.
There are some price reductions for other attractions.

Spend some time with the website: it'll explain how it works.
I've never been a fan of this pass but some folks use it. We walked all over the historic center and rarely used public transport so that piece of the pass wouldn't have been a benefit.

https://www.romapass.it

Posted by
15818 posts

Sorry, forgot to add....

Those 48 or 72 hours must be consecutive from the time of first activation of the pass
The pass doesn't cover travel to/from Fiumicino airport.

Posted by
380 posts

I just bought my metro tickets from the machine at the station. They have multi day passes as well

With the Roma Pass I believe they give you a QR code that you scan to get through the turnstiles. I used a similar pass in Naples but the code readers were not always functional, which was rather inconvenient

Posted by
15818 posts

We did the same: bought a few individual BIT single-ride tickets and tucked them away should we need/want them at some point. Purchased ours at a newspaper stand.