Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass and reservations

From reading Rick's advice, the Roma Pass would seem to be a good fit for our 3-day pre-cruise visit to Rome. However, I'm a little confused about using it. It sounds as though we would have to buy the pass AFTER we get to Rome, but the info in the book also states that we should have reservations for the Coliseum and for the Borghese Gallery. It would seem the only way to get reservations for those 2 places would be to buy tix online for them. If we wait until lwe get to Rome and buy the Roma Pass, we may not be able to get reservations for the day/time we need them. Am I missing something here?
Pat

Posted by
136 posts

Pat,

The most recent info I read said that Borghese Gallery is no longer being included in the RomaPass.

BTW, we are also doing three nights in Rome pre cruise in the summer....

Posted by
15790 posts

Pat, the page samuelito has linked should answer the questions regarding reservations at the Colosseum and Galleria Borghese which is FORTUNATELY covered under the pass again after a temporary hiatus, and was announced on the main page of the Roma Pass website.

https://www.romapass.it/en/home/

From the FAQ's:

"For reservations to the Borghese Gallery and/or Domus Romane/Palazzo Valentini, please call +39 06 32810 (open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm – Saturdays, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm) or send an email to romapass@tosc.it. The booking fee is free.
Bookings can be made directly from the visitor’s home country, even before purchasing the card. For reservations by email, booking confirmations will be provided within 48 hours.It is highly recommended to book at least 10 days in advance."

Posted by
47 posts

Other than the Colosseum and Borghese Gallery, what sites do you want to see over the course of your three days?

I'm not convinced that the Roma Pass is really worth it, especially since you have to make time to walk to one of a few tourist kiosks to wait in line to pick it up. Better to buy a Metro BTI card for 16.5 €, a Colosseum ticket for 16 €, and a Borghese Gallery ticket runs between 11 and 22 €. That's at most 2.5 € more than a 72 hour Roma Pass (and likely cheaper than a Roma Pass depending on the time you want to visit Borghese) - and gets you into the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine. And with the Roma Pass, you still have to book a time at Borghese and keep your fingers crossed that they don't end up charging twice for the Borghese.

Posted by
4105 posts

The Rome Pass used to be a good deal, but unless you can utilize the free entries, plus the transportation, it no longer makes sense. Here is a list of the sites
With the full price and reduced price with the Pass.

https://www.romapass.it/files/doc/SitiAderentiCostoBiglietti20200213_eng.pdf

In 5 trips to Rome, I think we've used the bus only 3 times. A single ticket is 1,50€ and a 48 hour pass is 12,50€.

You really have to do the math to see if the Pass works for you.

The Pass, if you do decide to use it, can be purchased at the airport or at any Museum.
Really doesn't make sense to stand in line to pick up an online purchase.