Please sign in to post.

ROMA pass?

Just received "the official guide to Italian tourism" in the mail. There's an ad for "ROMA Pass. The card that offers you transport and 2 museums... 20 euro for a 3-day pass". Anyone used these before? Comments?

Thanks!

Posted by
1003 posts

it's fantastic. I was there for 5 days but bunched the museums and most of the places requiring transportation in those days and did most of the walking stuff the other 2 days. I used it for the Colosseum/Palatine Hill and at Ostia Antica. I also used it for the couple euros discount on the hop on hop off bus and i took the bus and subway lots of times. I figure I saved about 10 euros and at least an hour in line at the Colosseum b/c the RomaPass lets you skip that line. You have to decide if it'd be a good deal for you based on what you want to see, where you're staying, how long you're there for, how much you like to take public transport, etc. :) One thing that is nice is that the transportation pass is separate from the museum pass, so you could validate them differently - that gives some more flexibility if you'll be there longer than 3 days

Posted by
7 posts

Yes Maria, we were just there in Sept. & used it extensively. It pays for itself after the first 2 attractions, plus you can use unlimited public transportation - bus, metro and train, which is great for Rome. We like to walk alot but Rome is very large & you'll need to use public transport.

Posted by
23 posts

I wanted to get this but my travel partner did not. I absolutely regret it.

You can buy it online (which I should have done) or buy it once you get there. Make sure you know where to buy them.

Looking back, I should ahve bought them online because once I get there I was so overwhelmed, it was just another thing to do. So, I never did it as well as my travel partner didn't think it was worth it. It definitely woudl have been! We used the metro more than we thought we would (especially at the end of the day) and Line A is wonderfully clean and problem-free.

Posted by
19 posts

Do you have a website where this can be purchased? Thanks!

Posted by
6 posts

Do you need a Roma Pass if I have signed up for a tour for Colosseum/Roman Forum?

Posted by
20 posts

Just another thought on buying a Roma Pass. We tried to purchase the Pass at the Forum entrance around 1 in the afternoon, and they were sold out at that location.

Posted by
204 posts

We have been to Roma many times. We never buy the Roma Pass ourselves but last time we were there I was waiting in line at the Palantine booth when I heard the young man in front of us being told that they were 'out' of the passes. I walked up next and waited a moment when the shift changed. As the teller changed out her drawer I clearly saw one slot full of Roma Passes. I called to the previous young man who quickly came over. I bought the passes for him and he paid me. Just worth remembering.

cml

Posted by
1 posts

Does anyone know if the Roma Pass includes the bus from Mammolo Metro station to Tivolo or the train from Termini or Tiburtina to Tivoli? Thanks.

Posted by
2207 posts

Etta - the answer to your questions is NO, the Roma Pass is only a designated area and that does NOT include Tivoli. Also note that the Roma Pass is increasing to 23 Euro in January.

Ciao,
Ron

Posted by
1158 posts

Never had the pass, but IMO it's worth it if you plan to use the public transportation. A One day pass would be 4 Euros otherwise just for unlimited transport. I walked in Rome 5 days out of 6 I stayed there an dI really enjoyed all the "effort". I've seen places I couldn't have reached by bus or subway.

Posted by
14 posts

Maria,
We bought our Roma pass at the Rome Airport and used it immediately and extensively throughout our trip. The metro system in Rome is simple to figure out and although we loved to just walk the streets it was nice to jump on a train whenever we wanted. It's clean and safe. If you're planning on seeing the Colosseum it will be well worth the time you'll save standing in line. We were there in August and the lines were extremely long - we walked right in with our pass. Just make sure you're in the correct line if you get the pass. Huge time saver - well worth it. Have a great trip!