Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

The four of us are purchasing this pass to use in Rome. Any good suggestions on location pick up after on-line purchase? Is the airport a good place, or other suggestion?

Posted by
47 posts

I can only speak for Rome-Ciampino airport. We flew in on Ryan Air in late March. No lines at all to pick up our Passes. The Booth is located inside the security area. We also purchsed online and, if I remember right, we had to specify where we wanted to pick up the passes.

Posted by
536 posts

Hi Larry - Many of the responders on this site will praise the Roma Pass. It does allow you three day transportation plus two free museum(or other site) and , after that you get a discount. The pass costs 25 Euros per person.
To me, raised in my early years in Roma, It is not necessary. From The Spanish Steps you can walk for free to The Trevi Fountain, The Via Veneto, The Roman Forum, and many other sites. On The Via Veneto you can pick up an open air bus that will allow you to tour many of the major sites and , you can get off and back on as often as you like.
At The Colliseum you will have a bit of a wait regardless of what you do but it should be seen. And , if you have the Pass you will bypass the long lines and gain very quick access to The Colliseum.
You can buy the Pass online and print the receipt and you're good to go OR it's available all over Roma

Greg

Posted by
144 posts

Hi Larry, I just purchased Roma passes too and was tempted to pick them up at the airport but decided I just want to get the heck out of there after such a long trip so we are picking ours up at the Piazza Sonnino T.I. in Trastevere, but that's only because we are staying there.
Contrary to what was said, the print out is only good to exchange for the actual passes which you must pick up somewhere in Rome.
I've been to Rome many many times and though lots of things are close, lots are quite far a part and my most lasting memory is of aching feet, so a pass is definitely worth it just to get from one tourist cluster or neighborhood to another. Once you reach your destination, you'll still have plenty of walking to do. Also, we had a bad experience once leaving Rome from the Piazza Navona area to the airport. We failed to buy our bus tickets at a tabachi bar the night before and the morning we had to leave we couldn't an open one anywhere. While my husband searched we missed two buses to the station and were frantic that we might miss our flight. It's not worth it so get your pass!
Katherine