Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

When you use the Roma Pass to get in the Colosseum, does it cover the Forum and Palatine Hill as a combo or do you have to buy the combo ticket at a discounted price?

Posted by
3250 posts

Hi Wesley,

We were in Rome last week and used it for both the Colosseum and Forum/Palatine Hill as a combo. We went on different days too--I didn't expect it to cover but it did! It's a great deal!

Enjoy Rome!

Posted by
1317 posts

Basically the Roma Pass IS the combo ticket when used at the Colosseum et al. You just scan the card at the entrance to each site and it all counts as one.

A note about the different days -- I think you have to visit all three within a 24 hour period, but I'm not certain on that.

Posted by
3250 posts

We visited the Colosseum on Saturday and the Forum on Monday--it scanned with no problem! In between the 2 visits (Sunday) we visited the National Museum of Rome.

Posted by
2207 posts

The Roma Pass has two separate "cards." A site card and a transportation card. Each is good for three days or MORE accurately, to the end of the third day.... If you "validate" or use one of the cards on a Monday morning, they are "good" until Wednesday at midnight. Each card stands alone, so you could actually do sites for three days - then go validate the transportation card and ride for three days; not sure why you'd do that, but you can :).

Pertaining to the Colosseo, the pass works as if you "bought " an entrance to the Colosseo/Palatine Hill/Forum. It is good for TWO consecutive days, say Monday and Tuesday... but only one entrance to EACH gate. So if you do the Colosseo on Monday, you can go back and do the Forum and Palatine on Tuesday... this works the same way as if you buy a €12 ticket. (Sharon, I'm not sure how your worked on the Monday, unless it did not get metered correctly on the first day -- which happens as "T.I.I," This is Italy!.

For more info on the Roma Pass, CLICK HERE.

For info on other discounts available, such as the National Museum Pass, CLICK HERE

Posted by
928 posts

I like the acronym, TII, "This is Italy."
As I mentioned in a another thread, my wife's Roma Pass didn't seem to ever run out while mine did at its appointed time. Her's just kept going well past the clocks. So never assume anything in Italy and just use those cards till they fail out on you.

Posted by
3250 posts

Ron, we didn't expect to get into the Forum on Monday after visiting the Colosseum on Saturday but both my husband and I did--our pass scanned!

I didn't save the fine print that came with the Roma Pass--lots of detail to sort through but Rick's book helps.

Sorry Wesley, we're not being very definitive in answering your question--I'd go with Ron's suggestion (consecutive days) to be safe!

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you all for your help and advice. The muddy waters have been cleared.

Posted by
32 posts

Yes, did it last week. Works great. Start with the Clolsseum.