Please sign in to post.

roma pass

I am trying to see if Roma Pass is worth it for me. (not using many metros and not seeing too many indoor museums) I am mostly interested to know if there are lines at other sites aside from the Colesseum and Forum that in itself make it worth it? i am using a guide for both those sights and the guide already jumps the lines.. but wont be using the guide each day. FOr example, will there be lines at Appian Way or Capuchin cemetery? I dont think its worth it for me, unless there are other sites/museums that Roma Pass allows you to skip lines
thanks!

Posted by
4152 posts

There are only two sites in Rome that typically have long lines- the colosseum and the Vatican museums (okay I know they are technically not in Rome but they are close enough). Since the romapass doesn't cover the Vatican museums and you can already bypass the lines at the colosseum you probably don't want the romapass. I'm not sure what you mean by the capucchin cemetery but if you mean the capucchin crypt I don't believe the romapass is valid for that. Donna

Posted by
1054 posts

Ricky - do you mean the Guide can skip the line at the Coliseum but you still need a way to skip the line there too? Or is the guide you hired give you skip the line privelages?

Posted by
4152 posts

I think he is asking more for sites he'll be seeing without the guide. Since he has the guide for the colosseum he won't need the pass for the other sites unless he wants the discounts or free entries. Donna

Posted by
4 posts

Sorry, I wasn't clear.I know with a Roma Pass or a ticket purchased in advance, you skip the long line As well, I know that a guide is supposed to be able to get you into the faster line. I wanted to know if there are other sites aside from the Vatican and Forum that have long lines

Posted by
4152 posts

The forum won't have a long line. The colossseum will. Other than that you may find sites with 2 or 3 people waiting to buy tickets but none with the lines like the colosseum and Vatican museums. Donna