Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

Where should I buy the Roma pass? Online or in Rome? If online, which is the best webiste?

Thanks!

Posted by
103 posts

In Rome, for sure. They have them at any of the major sites. Our hotel was in the Spanish Steps area, and right after we arrived we walked about four minutes to the Ara Pacis Museum. Saw the museum and got the Roma Pass there.

Posted by
515 posts

We bought ours at the train staion near the Colosseum. 30 euros per person, 2 sites free and walk to the fron of the line (use one for both the colosseum and the roman forum, this counts as one entry) unlimited bus and train rides for 3 days. Beware though: IT IS ONLY GOOD FOR 3 DAYS!! Definitely worth the money!!

Posted by
4152 posts

Buy it in Rome, this way you aren't locked into picking it up at a specific location.

Donna

Posted by
49 posts

The following was copied from the Romapass website.
"Starting from February 1st, 2010 the new Roma Pass will cost € 25.00."
Makes it sound like even a better deal.

Posted by
4152 posts

Actually, you have to visit at least 3 sites and use the transportation part of the pass to make it pay off now. If you are visiting a lot of the sites covered by the pass you will save money but you must plan your days in order to take advantage of the discounts.

Donna

Posted by
25 posts

I got mine at Termini. It was 25 euros. If you use it for say, the Colosseum/Palatine Hill/Roman Forum and for the Borghese and then use buses/trains for 3 days, it pays for itself very quickly.

Posted by
25 posts

I got mine at Termini. It was 25 euros. If you use it for say, the Colosseum/Palatine Hill/Roman Forum and for the Borghese and then use buses/trains for 3 days, it pays for itself very quickly.

Posted by
1003 posts

From what I have read on a couple other boards, several of the sites have increased in price, which makes the RomaPass still a good deal depending on what sites you use it for. That said, the best thing about the RomaPass is not saving money, it is SKIPPING THE LINES!!!