Please sign in to post.

Roma pass

I'm confused about this pass. I understand I need reservations to get into Colosseum. How does this work? Do I get reservations on line and then the Roma pass ? Not sure how the process works with reservations and Roma Pass. Is this pass my entry instead of a ticket? I know I can purchase the pass and get two admissions that day.

Here are some tips. Please feel free to ask more questions.
You can get either a 2 day Romapass or a 3 day pass. There is a gazebo/kiosk that sells Romapasses on the NE corner of Piazza Navona. You walk outside the North portal of Piazza Navona so that you are just outside of the Piazza area. With your back facing Piazza Navona - take a right and head around the corner. You will find the gazebo.
Once you have your Romapass - head over to the Colosseum/Roman Forum complex. You can get a combo. ticket issued at the Roman Forum. I used the ticket booth located on the side of the Roman Forum (Via Di Fori Imperiali). No line - yeah!
With your combo. pass you can visit the features listed like the forum/ colosseum/palatine hill, etc.. You need to check. I believe the combo. pass is valid for a couple of days. This allows you to skip the ticket line at the colosseum and proceed to the security gate for entry.
You do NOT need reservations for the colosseum - just the combo. pass.
You can just buy in Rome. No need to buy online. It's easy.

Posted by
15810 posts

I understand I need reservations to get into Colosseum.

Not with a Roma Pass. The pass is your ticket inside although you will need to get through the security check queue (and so does everyone else).

I know I can purchase the pass and get two admissions that day.

If you are purchasing the 72-hour pass, you are allowed 'free' entry to any two museums covered by the pass within the 72-hour life of the pass: the clock starts ticking when you use it the first time. The Colosseum, Forum and Palatine count as a single museum so you would have one other 'free' choice with a 72-hour pass.

With the 48-hour pass, you are allowed one 'free' museum.

With the Roma Pass, you may enter the Colosseum once, and the Palatine/Forum once. The Palatine/Forum are connected and must be visited together: you pass from one directly into the other inside the security barriers. You may visit the Colosseum on one day and the Palatine/Forum on the next, if you wish, but it makes sense to do them all on the same day as they're in the same area of the city.

The pass does not cover any tours: those must be purchased separately.

Many questions about the pass can be answered here:
http://www.romapass.it/en/FAQ/