Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

Not sure if this was stated before but when we were in Rome last weekend, 11/10 - 11/12, the Roma Pass was not available for purchase anywhere.

Posted by
87 posts

same for us. Not available anywhere in late Sept and October. We were told a certain number are printed each month, and when they run out, they run out. We then bought some combo tickets for a few sites and got multiple day passes for transit on metro and buses. not too bad. we'd planned our trip somewhat around using the Pass, so just stay loose and prepare for plan B whenever you go.

Posted by
4152 posts

Did you try the sites listed by the romapass website. I know they are not available online yet but they are selling them at the sites and TI's. Donna

Posted by
1127 posts

I have seen on other boards that the RomaPass is sold out - not available online, not available on at the TIs and not available at any tobacco stores. That's the problem Heather is reporting.

Posted by
20 posts

We were there Thursday-Saturday of last week. We were told from the airport TI they were sold out. On Friday the TI in front of the Colosseum said the same and he also told us they would not be available on Saturday. Our local tabacchi shop did not have them next to our B&B on Cavour street. I asked our B&B owner and she said other guests have been experiencing the same thing. It's just one of those things she said. She had also heard rumors that they were thinking about raising the price for the pass and maybe that's why they weren't available. I'm merely passing on our experience...I cannot verify whether that is true of course.

Posted by
605 posts

I was in Rome in late September/early October and had the same experience as Heather. There were no Roma Passes to be found anywhere, not even online. I regretted not having purchased one online prior to my trip--oh well--and wouldn't hesitate to do so now.

Posted by
24 posts

We had no trouble getting Roma passes at the end of October. We bought ours on Oct 28 in front of Castel Sant'Angelo.

Posted by
2207 posts

We purchased three Roma Passes on October 21, also at the P.I.T. - Tourist Information Booth - in front of Castel Sant'Angelo.

Posted by
4152 posts

My sister and her family bought theirs at the end of October from the Castel Sant Angelo, no problems at all. She also said that 2 days later when her friend joined them she was able to get her pass at the Baths of Caracalla. Donna

Posted by
1 posts

In Rome now and no luck finding the RomaPass the TI at the airport, termini or Forum. Colisseum, Forum, Palatine, National Museum and Capitaline are out, as well as several shops that have signs stating that they sell it.

Posted by
1 posts

We will be in Rome next week and were hoping to use the Roma Pass for the Colosseum and Borghese Museum and transportation. Does anyone know of any other combo tickets that I should look into. (Mostly don't want to wait in line at the Coloseum,)

Posted by
20 posts

You can get your combo colosseum tickets at the entrance to the forum/palatine hill. Hardly any line there at all. Tour those 2 areas then hit the colosseum. Bypass the line for tickets and walk right on in.

Posted by
87 posts

we were there around Sept. 29, still high season. No Roma Passes anywhere, so we bought combo ticket for Col./Palantine/Forum at Colliseum in a.m. when it opened. only 5 minutes in line, and great to get into Col BEFORE it got crowded.
Palatine and Forum much more spread out, so not a problem for us later in a.m. as the crowds grew. BTW, Colliseum has much signage and info, but you might enjoy Palatine and Forum more if you do some homework before you go. Esp in Palatine, not too much info at the sites. We loved it all and spent 3-4 hrs in the area.

Posted by
20 posts

I couldn't agree with Julie more. We loved Palatine Hill. It was very deceiving and much more expansive than I previously thought. I would love to have had some more information while there. Research before would be well advised.